- Advice for Stolen Phone
Please follow the link below to read about options to take when you have lost your cell phone.
Help with lost or stolen Phone
- Job Opportunities
Please follow the links below for the current Job Openings for the Iron County Sheriff’s Office.
Patrol Deputy RosterPT Bailiff
- PRESS RELEASE: Kidnapping / Amber Alert Follow-up
On December 1, 2017 the Iron County Sheriff’s office received court documents from Micha Coltharp regarding her four biological children. Micha believed her children were in the Iron County area somewhere near Beryl junction about 30 miles west of Cedar City. Deputies responded to the general area and attempted to locate the children and Jonathan Coltharp. Based on the information provided at that time Deputies were unable to locate an area where the children ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Bunker, Explosives found Brian Head Fire
On June 17, 2017, a wildfire ignited in the Cedar Mountain area of Iron County, in the vicinity of Brian Head, Utah. A large number of firefighting personnel and aircraft were deployed to take suppression efforts on the fire.
During firefighting efforts on June 27, 2017, firefighters working in the vicinity of Henderson Hill heard “popping” sounds. The firefighters first thought the “popping” sounds were rocks exploding due to heat, but ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Stolen Car / Pursuit
On 11/13/17 at approximately 0210hrs Deputies with the Iron County Sheriff’s Office located a stolen vehicle, a 2013 Lincoln MKS, on Interstate 15 headed south near MP 88. Deputies attempted to make a traffic stop on the vehicle and the vehicle fled. The suspect vehicle hit speeds in excess of 120 mph. The Lincoln turned off the freeway at exit 78 near the north end of Parowan. It went north on ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Foot Pursuit & Pipeline drug arrest
On 09-24-17 at approximately 2300 hrs., Deputy Wade Lee from the Iron County Sheriff’s Office stopped a vehicle for speeding (20 over the posted speed limit) near milepost 60 northbound on I15. While talking with the driver, Deputy Lee became suspicious of possible drug trafficking. Cedar City Police responded with a K-9 to conduct a sniff of the vehicle. When the driver and passenger exited the vehicle they fled the scene on foot. They crossed ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Kanarraville Falls hiking trail closure Maintenance of Kanarraville water system closes portion of Spring Creek Canyon WSA
KANARRAVILLE, Utah – Maintenance to the town of Kanarraville’s water system will close the hiking trail to Kanarraville Falls through the Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) Spring Creek Canyon Wilderness Study Area (WSA) to ensure public safety from April 3-6. The town of Kanarraville maintains a right-of-way for the pipeline that supplies drinking water to the community.
Erosion from weather and from hikers exposed the ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Hiker Rescue – Thunderbird Gardens
For Immediate Release:
RE: Hiker Rescue
On 02/22/17 at approximately 5:20pm deputies from the Iron County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to an injured hiker who was stuck on a cliff above the Thunderbird Gardens Trail near Cedar City. Deputies arrived on scene and located a friend of the hiker at the base of the cliffs. The hiker, Kennedy Hunt, is a 19year old female college student from Nevada. She was injured while climbing ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Hicks Creek Fire For Immediate Release
Contact: Fire Information Line: 435-680-2405
Active Fire Behavior Yesterday on Hicks Creek Fire
Cedar City, UT –Yesterday, fire managers originally planned to ignite the southeast corner using a helicopter, but high winds resulted in a cancellation of the firing operation. As the afternoon progressed, fire activity continued to increase resulting in a thick column of smoke which was then carried north toward Cedar City and beyond. On the fire line, crews who had thinned ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Vehicle Pursuit
For Immediate Release:
RE: Vehicle Pursuit
On 09-19-16 at approximately 1505 hours (3:05 PM), Cedar Communications received a report of a reckless driver. Several callers stated a vehicle (White 2006 Pontic Grand am) was passing vehicles in the emergency lane and driving recklessly southbound on I15 near milepost 75. Iron County Sheriff’s Deputy Doug Twitchell located the vehicle and observed it at milepost 62 traveling at nearly 100 mph. At approximately milepost ...
- Brian Head Fire Info For the most up-to-date information on the Brian Head Fire, see http://UtahFireInfo.gov or https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5253/.
You may also follow the following accounts for quicker information:
- Fire Restriction Order 2017 Due to current and forecasted weather conditions coupled with the extremely dry conditions in Washington, Iron, Kane, Garfield and Beaver Counties the State Forester, in consultation with the county commissions, has determined that measures must be taken to prevent the ignition of forest and rangeland fires. Therefore, pursuant to Utah State Law, Section 65A-8-212, the following acts are prohibited in the areas described below until rescinded by the Utah State Forester:
Setting, building, maintaining, attending or ...
- 2017 JUNIOR DEPUTY ACADEMY Open to all current high school students. Applications due by the first of June. More info see: https://www.ironsheriff.net/junior-deputy-academy/
- Phone Scam Information On 9-21-16, A residences within Iron County received a phone message from an individual claiming to be a Federal agent. The caller advised the victim that they were receiving a second notice to avoid an initial appearance before a magistrate judge or a grand jury for a federal criminal offense. The caller stated this was the victims final attempt to resolve this issue immediately and to call 301-202-3940 and ...
- Dog at Large Problem Message From The Sheriff:
The Iron County Sheriff’s Office is experiencing a substantial increase in Dog at large problems and complaints. In the coming months the Sheriff’s Office will be strictly enforcing Utah State Law and Iron County ordinances which cover the responsibilities of dog owners who reside in the unincorporated portions of Iron County. Dog owners in Iron County are required to keep their dogs confined to their property. If the dogs are taken off ...
- Fire Restriction Update 08/13/16 Due to recent rainfall and reduced fire danger conditions, Color Country Fire Managers are
lifting all fire restrictions on tribal, federal (including National Park Service), state administered,
and unincorporated private land in Washington, Iron, and Beaver counties. This also includes
BLM administered land in Coconino and Mohave counties, and the Grand Canyon-Parashant
National Monument. Lifted restrictions are effective at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, August 13. No
other fire restrictions on public or unicorporated land are currently in effect for southwest ...
- Fire Restrictions Implemented in Southwest Utah, Northwest Arizona Due to current wildfire activity, dry conditions, and high fire danger in southwest Utah and northwest Arizona, Color Country Interagency Fire Managers are implementing fire restrictions beginning Friday, June 24 at 00:01 a.m. The following describes the restrictions to be implemented by each fire management agency in Color Country.
Restricted Lands in Washington, Iron, Beaver, and portions of Mojave Counties: This includes all of Washington County, and lands west of Interstate 15 in Iron and Beaver ...
- UDOT Road Weather Map You can now view UDOT snow plows, what they have plowed in the last 30 minutes as well as the direction of travel on the UDOT road weather map. For more information see http://staging.udottraffic.utah.gov/Roadweatherforecast.aspx
- Independence Day Celebration Fireworks Safety
They are synonymous with our celebration of Independence Day. Yet, the thrill of fireworks can also bring pain, and even death. In 2014, CPSC staff conducted a study of fireworks injuries from June 20 through July 20.
For more info, see the attached PDF below:
2015 Fireworks Infographic (PDF)
- SEEKING INFORMATION: Stolen Ring The Iron County Sheriff’s Office is looking for information regarding a stolen men’s wedding ring. This wedding ring has great sentimental value to the owner. Any information leading to the location of this ring or to any person associated with the theft would be appreciated.
Please contact the Sheriff’s Office at (435) 867-7500 if you have any information.
You may also send an anonymous tip by doing one of the following:
ONLINE TIP FORM: www.ironsheriff.net/forms/tip-form/
- Police Dogs & Hot Dogs In The Park
Invitation Flyer (PDF)
Join us for Friends of K9 “Police Dogs & Hot Dogs” in the park!
June 25, 2019 from 6pm – 8pm at the Cedar City Main Street Park at 200 N Main in Cedar City, UT.
Police K9 demos
Free hot dogs and homemade root beer
Fire trucks, SUU aviation, and more!
Find us on Facebook!
- Death of 2 Park City boys spark investigation, warning from school district PARK CITY — Two 13-year-old Park City boys, best friends who attended Treasure Mountain Junior High School, both died unexpectedly within 48 hours of each other.
Grant Seaver was found dead in his home on Sunday. Tuesday morning, his best friend, Ryan Ainsworth was found dead on a couch in his house by his father. Ryan was last seen alive late Monday night.
“Right now we are in crisis mode because we have lost two of our ...
- Kolob K-9 Training
Our K-9 team working to improve their skills and abilities. K-9 Deputy Shawn Peterson, K-9 Bolos, Decoy’s Deputy Dustin Roy and Randall McConnell working hard to make this all possible. The K-9’s save us countless hours when searching for a person and have brought many high stress situations to conclusion safely. Thanks for their hard work!
- Sheriff’s Office graduates nine from Junior Deputy Academy CEDAR CITY – The Iron County Sheriff’s Office graduated nine students from its Junior Deputy Academy during a ceremony with family and friends June 26 at the Heritage Center in Cedar City.
The 2015 graduating class included Shaylyn Brumbaugh, Jasmin Santiago, Austin Fogg, Andrew Wilde, Dylan Matheson, Trevor Douglas, Avangelina Medina, Nikole Johnson and Trey White.
The Junior Deputy Academy was established seven years ago in an effort to give high-school aged students a hands-on learning experience ...
- Utah Capitol event organized to honor law enforcement CEDAR CITY – Tired of the negative publicity law enforcement officers across the country have experienced recently, several county commissioners have joined forces to organize a gathering next week at the Utah Capitol.
Coined as “Utah’s Salute to Law and Order,” Iron County Commissioner Dale Brinkerhoff organized the event to show support for the law enforcement community.
“I’m tired of the media focusing on a few select situations involving law enforcement and painting all of law enforcement ...
- Some 100 children shopped with cops CEDAR CITY – The sun hadn’t even come over the mountain Saturday when some 100 children, along with about the same number of police officers and public safety officials, began flocking to the Wal-Mart Garden Center.
It was not an emergency situation or some kind of police sting operation. The gathering carried with it the joys of this holiday season, its meaning, its importance, especially to the children.
Its name rings a bell of its own: Shop ...
- Two arrested for 4 pounds of crystal meth worth $183,000 [hana-flv-player video=”https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42342659/Video/Two_arrested_for_4_pounds_of_crystal_meth_worth_183_000.mp4″
CEDAR CITY (ABC 4 Utah) – An Iron County Sheriff’s Deputy found 4 pounds of crystal meth worth more than $180,000 after stopping two individuals on the I-15 interstate for a traffic violation.
Deputy Wade Lee said he ...
- Sheriff’s deputy makes large marijuana bust near Parowan PAROWAN A traffic stop last week resulted in what authorities are referring to as a “pipeline bust” leading to the seizure of around 15 pounds of marijuana law enforcement officials said came from California on its way to the Wasatch Front.
Joseph Edward Mikacevich, 63, was arrested shortly after the stop on Interstate 15 near mile marker 81. He was booked in jail for felony distribution charges and a class B misdemeanor for possession of paraphernalia.
- Roadside birth surprises Enterprise family [hana-flv-player video=”https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42342659/Video/Roadside-Birth-Surprises-Family.mp4″
CEDAR CITY — Mothers usually give birth to their children in a hospital, right? Well, sometimes, circumstances make that impossible.
Enterprise woman Britnie Dedrick went into labor around midnight. She, her husband, their two children and Britnie’s aunt all packed ...
- Iron County finds creative way to get a new ambulance [hana-flv-player video=”https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42342659/Video/KSL.com_Ambulance-Video.mp4″
CEDAR CITY — Someone calling for an ambulance is likely having one of the worst days of their life, and ambulance crews work to make patients and families as comfortable as possible.
“I could tell you story after story after ...